The Uphold Family
We are trying to find all of the descendants of Walter Uphold (Uppole) & Kate Matthews. If you have any updates email echoeve@yahoo.com swaney@verizon.net

Our Legacy

Thursday, July 30, 2009

That's Life by Michael Buble

The following pictures are brought to you today by Sam. Thanks Sam you were the first to respond again this year...I wish I had a prize for you...or a button.
This was a really great idea. Thanks Harmony.
The memorial balloons were for James Uphold Sr., and Dave Humberson. While they were flying away we did our drink on Jim. This year it was a bottle of Jim Beam donated by Butch.





This is the song we had played while the balloons were lit and sent off.
(This wasn't our first, second, third, fourth, or fifth song choice, but it was what we had, and I think it fits just fine.)
'That's Life' by Michael Buble
(Don't let it get you, don't let it get you downFor this world keeps on spinning 'round)
That's life
That's what all the people say
You're riding high in April
You're shot down in May
I know I'm gonna change that tune
When I'm back on top in June
I say that's life& as funny as it may seem
Some people get their kicks
Stompin' on your dreams
But I don't let it, let it get me down
'Cause this fine ol' world keeps spinning 'round
I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,A poet, a pawn & a king
I've been up & down & over & out
But I know one thing
Each time I find myself, flat on this face
I pick myself up & get back in the race
That's lifeI can't deny it
I thought of quitting, baby
This heart wasn't gonna buy it
And if I didn't think it was worth one single try
I'd jump right on a big bird & then I'd fly
I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,A poet, a pawn & a king
I've been up & down & over & out
And I know one thing
Each time I find myself flat on my face
I pick myself up & get back in the race
That's life
That's life & I can't deny it
Many times I thought of cutting out
But my heart won't buy it
But if there's nothing shakin' come this here July
I'm gonna roll
I'm gonna roll
I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball & die
Can't deny it
That's life

1 comment:

Sam said...

You are welcome... I am just glad I thought to take the pictures.. It's something we definitely want others to see and something we who did see not to ever forget.. It was an awesome idea.. I hope next years reunion has no call for it and we ALL return..

Ok I don't want a prize of button, but someone (Amanda especially) better save me a buttershot next year.. ha ha